Things happen; we get it. Please inform us immediately if you have to cancel or reschedule. If we're reasonably able, we will accommodate your request and try to save your trip, deposit, and payment. Multi-day and international trips are much more difficult to rearrange, so please plan ahead. Consider purchasing travel insurance--in the event of injury, emergency, or other problem it will protect your hard-earned cash. We recommend the TravelEx Insurance Travel Select Plan, with the "Adventurer Plus Pak" upgrade. Read the policy carefully for details on coverage and limitations.
In the event we can't accommodate a change or cancellation, we must adhere to a standard registration and cancellation policy. We cannot transfer you to another trip or program.
If notice of cancellation is given in writing at least 60 days prior to the trip start date, you will be refunded your full deposit except for a $50 processing fee.
If notice of cancellation is given in writing within 59 - 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount will be charged.
If notice of cancellation is given in writing less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the program fee will be charged.
General trip and course policies:
1. Weather and conditions
-If weather, mountain and or travel conditions make the original trip or course objective not feasible, Vetta Mountain Guides reserves the right to change the venue or itinerary for the course or trip.
- If any of the above or related conditions prevents a trip or course from happening the trip will be rescheduled with attempts to fit the group’s schedules.
- If none of the proposed dates will fit a participant’s schedule, a credit minus a $50 administrative fee can be issued.
2. Vetta Mountain Guides cannot be responsible for expenses such as airline tickets, hotels, car rentals, etc. incurred by the trip or course participant. Again, we strongly suggest trip cancellation insurance.
3. Trip cancellation insurance does not necessarily include rescue insurance. Please know that Vetta Mountain Guides does not include rescue insurance in its pricing. You might want to consider becoming a member of the American Alpine Club. It is an easy way to get worldwide rescue coverage. http://americanalpineclub.org/p/global_rescue
4. No refunds or credits are given for “no-shows” or those who prematurely depart from a trip or course for any reason.
5. If registering for a group, the person completing the registration assumes financial responsibility for the entire group. This includes situations where people drop out and change the final numbers or participants. If uncomfortable registering for the group, you should have each member register individually.
6. Once a program begins, no refunds will be issued for any reason.
7. It is the participants’ responsibility to be physically and mentally prepared. No refunds will be given due to early departure caused by lack of physical or mental preparedness.